Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Koh Phangan

Ok anything goes in Koh Phangan and that may not be a good thing (ie speedo man at the fruit stand pictured above...). I got here three days ago after three plane rides and a night ferry. The night ferry was hot, sweaty, disgusting and packed. We were all sleeping on the floor shoulder to shoulder and when I checked the list of names I was the oldest person on the ferry! Most of the passengers on the boat were young brits on their holiday coming here for the debauchy Full Moon party. I became fast friends with a Swiss girl on the ferry and we have been exploring this island together. I am staying in the Northwestern part of the island that is sandy quiet and relaxed. Haad Rin where the Full Moon party occurs every full moon is like MTV spring break euro style. I attended this said party out of morbid curiosity... I've never seen so many intoxicated people crammed together passing out on top of each other... They formed a row of passed out people along a wall so that they can be claimed by friends at the end of the night. It was unbelievable!

xo-m

2 comments: